Atlantic Archive: Repository Policies
for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided Atlantic Archive is mentioned.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties
- for personal research or study, or educational purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the original copyright statement is given
- the original rights permission statement is given
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of Atlantic Archive is appreciated but not mandatory.
for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities:
- History and Archaeology
- Business and Economics
- Law and Politics
- Atlantic Archive is restricted to: Special materials: Newspaper articles; Government records
concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff of the institution
- The administrator only vets items for relevance to the scope of Atlantic Archive
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is checked by internal subject specialists.
- No embargo policy defined.
- If Atlantic Archive receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- No retention period defined.
- Atlantic Archive will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Atlantic Archive is working with external partners to record preservation metadata
- Atlantic Archive regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- No deletion method for withdrawn items defined.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories, with:
- a link to a replacement version, where available
- a note explaining the reasons for withdrawal
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version clearly identified.
- In the event of Atlantic Archive being closed down, items will be returned to their originators.
Policies defined using OpenDOAR Policies Tool.